Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Miss Angola Leila Lopes Becomes Miss Universe 2011



Leila Lopes: Miss Universe 2011
SAO PAULO, Brazil – Miss Angola crowned Miss Universe 2011 Monday after astounding a panel of judges with her beauty and making an impact on them with her brain. The 25-year-old Leila Lopes, a business student from the town of Benguela in her home country, left behind 88 competitors.

Leila Lopes is not only Angola’s first winner but she also becomes one of few black women ever to snag the crown. In a brunette-dominated field of flat-stomached, leggy contestants, Lopes’ sweet smile and hairstyle (up in topknot, not long cascading curls) set her apart from the start.

In the beginning of the contest, Lopes had been asked by one of the judges what she might change about her physical features if she could, but Lopes said she was satisfied with who she was.

“I consider myself a woman endowed with inner beauty,” she told the judges and the audience. “I have acquired many wonderful principles from my family, and I plan to follow those through the rest of my life.”

To read more and see photo on the link given below:




No comments:

Post a Comment