Thursday, September 15, 2011

My personal style is youthful, very retro inspired and sexy- Vixen



Award winning television presenter, Yvonne Ekwere, is an entertainment correspondent and news producer with SilverBird Television. Vixen as she is popularly called has co-hosted several awards. Niece of Nollywood icon, Liz Benson, ‘Vixen’ told us about her passion for entertainment.



Tell us about yourself

I'm a very outgoing yet laid back individual. I'm a person who's appreciative of life’s true values and the creative arts. I'm the last of seven girls and I hail from Akwa Ibom State. I attended Home Science Primary School, Essence International School Kaduna, Holy Child College, Lagos and read History and International Relations at the Lagos State University.

I am a natural born entertainer (song writer, vocalist and spoken word artist), fashionista and budding style icon.



What is it about your childhood that makes you happy?

I remember as a child, my grandfather would always send me a nicely packed portion of whatever food he ate for breakfast; it’s something he always liked to do. It didn't matter where I was, he would send a driver to deliver it to me. I also always enjoyed watching classic musicals with him; he always made me feel like the most special grandchild.



What is style to you?

It is individualism, that factor that sets one apart from others. It’s in your carriage, speech, mannerisms and certainly reflects in the way you dress. It’s your identity.



Define your own style

My personal style is youthful, very retro- inspired and sexy.



What makes your day?

Listening to live jazz music while having conversations with like-minds at a secluded location over looking the ocean always puts me in a good mood.



Everyone has one fear or the other. What is your greatest fear in life?

The fear of unfulfillment. Everyone aspires to be something and I dare say that you are a failure if you don’t achieve your dreams. I will never forgive myself if my dreams do not become reality.



What is that fashion item you cannot do without as a woman?

Every lady should be able to keep track of time with a classy time piece strapped on to her wrist, so a wristwatch is an indispensable fashion item for me.



What is that clothing item you would never be caught wearing?

I could be quite adventurous with my dressing but that being said, I will not wear anything a sane human being considers outrageous and inappropriate.

Describe yourself in three words

Intelligent, sociable and grounded.



How do you love to carry your hair?

I'm a huge fan of long hair, the longest I've ever carried was 26-inch braids and it felt like I had a sack of rice on my head. I have also had a Rihana-inspired hair cut but I got bored of it. Long hair enables me style it in any way I please.



What about your beauty routine?

I do the basics: Exfoliate, cleanse, tone and moisturise. I wash my face twice a day with any product that has micro-beads in it, exfoliate with apricot scrub twice a week, soak in a bath with aromatherapy bath gel and chamomile oil and have a deep tissue massage at least once every month.



What is the misconception you think people have about you?

That I am a stern, unfriendly professional lady who is difficult to approach. But that is not true.



I believe you pray. What do you tell God when praying?

I always ask God to take ultimate control over the happenings in my life. In as much as it is my life, I believe God owns it and when you allow God to dictate the direction of your life, you can never go wrong.



What part of your body can you flaunt?

My long, beautiful legs and my back. I'm not daring enough to show other parts.



What is your best colour?

Turquoise, because it’s cool and earthy. It has this calming effect that reminds me of the ocean and it goes perfectly with my dark brown skin.



What is your favourite perfume?

I love Womanity by Thierry Mugler. It’s very sensual and musky and this matches my personality.



How do you relax?

I read a good book, soak in a bath tub with scented candles lit in the bathroom and soft music playing in the background, or I just cut off all sources of communication and sleep.





How do you like your make-up?

Due to the nature of my job, I often have to take on different looks so my make-up style varies from strong to subtle. But I personally like soft colours on the eyes and bold lips like classic red.



How do you keep fit?

I take long walks and I do a dance burn out. I don't eat much but I have recently started eating healthy foods like salads, fresh fruits and vegetables. My carbohydrate intake is reducing gradually too.



You are pretty tall and you still wear high heels. Why?

Heels are a must have for every lady as it helps give a nice posture and gait when you walk. This is something that flat shoes do not necessarily do.

No comments:

Post a Comment