Thursday, October 20, 2011

I can’t do without my pink lip gloss- Bhaira Mcwizu

Bhaira Mcwizu came to limelight in 2007 when she won the Amstel Malta Box Office (AMBO), a reality television competition. This sultry and delectable actress has not looked back ever since. She spoke about her fashion sense and dream in five years time with Angela Davies.


You won Amstel Malta Box Office (AMBO) in 2007, how has it been for you since then?
I have been doing what I know how to do best, which is filming both on stage and on television. I have done quite some movies and I have worked with so many directors of which I am so grateful. I have done rebounds, the very popular Cindy’s note, Super Story and others. There also so many coming soon. I have been very busy.


What is style to you?
Style is comfort, it is uniqueness; it never gets old. It just keeps changing but it is always distinct, you stand out wherever you are.


What is your own style?
My own style, hmmm, I guess, it’s glamorous I will say. I am in a fun business so you have to stand out, be glamorous and comfortable. It is a style that stays over the years and can be referred to.


What is that fashion item you cannot do without as a woman?
(Laughs), I keep saying this, it is my pink lip gloss. I don’t have to make up, just use my pink lip gloss and I step out with my shade and I am good to go.


What is your beauty routine like?
I drink a lot of water, wash my face and moisturise. I don’t go to bed with make-up.


What is your best perfume?
Boss. My sister just gave me this Boss perfume and it is beautiful. It is in this really small cute bottle and it is by Boss. It is heavenly.


How do you keep fit?
I eat well. I try to eat as regular as possible but in small quantity. I drink a lot of water and also exercise.


What is that piece of clothing you cannot be found wearing?
I don’t know. I have not thought about that yet. Everything I wear is kind of decent and appropriate for the event. On the red carpet, I know what to wear, at the beach I know what to wear. So I have never really thought of going overboard with that.


Describe yourself in three words
Down-to-earth, spiritual and grateful


What is your philosophy of life?
Take things easy, you only live life once.


How was your growing up like?
It was wonderful. I had great parents who allowed us to explore our talents and be your self. But they were strict, it was a Christian upbringing. So we had both the comfort of good living and, of course, strict upbringing just mixed together.


Your best colour
Purple, red and green in different shades. These three colours stand out. Green in particular shade is beautiful, red too is hot, and you are like a diva in purple so I can’t choose between the three.


What is the misconception you think people have about you?
People think I am quiet. But trust me I am not that quiet. We artistes have our moments of silence. But I am really the jovial and very entertaining type.


How do you like your make-up, light or heavy?
It depends on the occasion. If it is an occasion that is really glamorous, my make-up may be a little bit heavy but if it is not a glamorous event, it will be light. I am not much of a make-up person but whatever the occasion demands, I put it on.


I believe you pray. What do you tell God when you do?
(Laughs).That’s a secret. I can’t tell you that. I am not going to tell you that. No.


Where do you see yourself in five years time?
I will have lots of production company, family, satisfaction and giving more to the society. I think I will be very concerned and satisfied with what God has given me in five years time. I will definitely be working more and producing more movies.


What kind of clothes do you love to wear?
I like cocktail dresses - what fits my body. Like now, I am wearing a blazer and a short gown. The blazer helps me with the cold weather, so it is my fashion sense. Whatever I see, I picture it in my mind, I put it on and yes it looks good.


If you flaunt your body, what part can do you show off?
My entire body, I don’t need to choose, of course with clothes on.


No comments:

Post a Comment