Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I love wearing clothes a bit revealing - Cynthia

Cynthia Agholor is a Nollywood actress whose love for acting began at the tender age of six. She told us in this interview that although her style is simple, yet she loves wearing clothes that are a bit revealing and among other issues.


How long have you been in showbiz?
I have been acting since I was six years old. I started with NTA kiddies programme such as Tales by Moonlight and Kiddies Vision 101. Then I got into Nollywood in 1996 and my first movie was with Chico Ejiro.


How was your first time on set acting?
Well, I was nervous because I was a kid when I did my first job. I was so excited and nervous at the same time but then I did it and realised that was my talent. When I got into Nollywood proper where I had to act alongside the big stars, I was confident because acting had become a part of me. But seeing them then, I got nervous but then I had the confidence and I was able to deliver.


So what motivated you into acting?
I was motivated by the television especially Hollywood and Bollywood actors particularly the Indian ladies. I love the way they fling their hair and talk and I act it out in front of the mirror by tying a scarf on my hair. So when I told my parents I wanted to start acting in Kiddies programme, they were not surprised.


Do you still model?
Yes, but for now I don’t do runway any more but I do photographical modelling like adverts.


What is style to you?
To me style is you, it is your creation. God created us and we created style. Let me say style is the creation of a human being.


What is your own kind of style?
Well, my style is just simple. It is me, I do everything my way. I don’t look at other people to dress because I wear whatever suits me, whatever I feel like wearing and in whatever colours I want. However, that does not mean I can’t look at someone’s dressing, admire it and would want to try it out. I may not wear it exactly the way that person wore it,but I won’t wear a particular style because it’s in vogue.


If you have to flaunt, what part of your body would you show off?
(Laughs) I can flaunt any part of my body apart from my (pointing to her private part). Really, whatever I wear and I feel is fine and it reveals a bit of my cleavage, legs and hands, I am alright.


What kind of clothes do you love to wear?
Well, I like wearing simple tops and pant especially those that are a bit revealing


Why do you like revealing clothes?
I am just comfortable in those kind of clothes. I like to be free. I like something simple and airy.


Your favourite hairstyle
Most times, I love to pack my hair into pony tail. I love it and I think it fits me. Sometimes I wear wigs because of the job and I love Indian wigs a lot.
How do you relax?
I relax watching movies especially Bollywood. I have always loved their movies right from childhood


What is your greatest fear in life?
Failure. I don’t want to fail. I want to keep succeeding by the grace of God.


How do you love your make-up?
I love it light because I feel my face is already smooth so I don’t need a heavy make-up. If my make-up is heavy, I look like a masquerade. Light make-up makes me look good.


You’re tall and you still wear high heeled shoes. Why?
I love wearing heels. I started wearing heels when I came into runway modelling. We modelled wearing high heeled shoes and it has become part of me. I realised that with high-heel shoes, you have good steps and it gives you that elegant look.


What was your reaction when you read in the newspaper that you were pregnant?
Well, I was surprised and I called the press guy and he was saying all sorts of things. Pregnancy is a gift from God. If I happen to be pregnant, I would be very happy.


Describe yourself in three words
I am an easy going person


What do you think is that misconception people have about you?
Well, generally, I think they have that same misconception about every actress. They think we are part-time prostitutes. They think we are not serious in life and that we are not wife materials. But anybody who is close to me and other colleagues knows that we are not like that.


But does that affect you?
No, it does not because my friends know who I am. But really, I don’t care what people think of me.


Your favourite colour?
I love yellow and red.


What kind of clothes would I see most in your wardrobe?
Some sweet lovely gowns which include short gowns, evening dresses, formal dresses, pants and fine revealing tops.


What kind of jewelry do you like to wear?
I love plastic jewelry. I am not into gold and silver


Your philosophy of life
To take things easy in life because there is nothing in this life, and be humble.


No comments:

Post a Comment