Saturday, October 1, 2011

Emotional moment as deaf woman hears her own voice in video



 Sounding it out: The emotional 29-year-old is supported by a nurse as she hears noises using her hearing implant


This is an emotional story. God, there are still very loving and caring husbands in the world.


American Sarah Churman, 29 year old deaf mother of a daughter wept as she heard her own voice for the first time in her life.She was fitted with a state-of-the-art hearing implant nine weeks ago, having spent her whole life in virtual silence.


Her husband decided to film her as nurses turned on the implant and Sarah finally heard the world at full volume.


Sarah had been wearing hearing aids from the age of two, but had mainly relied on lip reading, because 'hearing aids only help so much'.


In response to viewers who were amazed at her ability to speak clearly, the formerly deaf woman said: 'My whole life I've been complimented on how well I speak.
'I don't really have an answer for you other than I have always had a passion for reading, grammar, and English. 


'My hearing loss was/is considered severe to profound. I've worked very hard to be able to interact and blend in... only thing I can say is 'God is good'.' 


 This is amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment