Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Green stripes on my hair are my signature - Retta



Retta
Lawretta Richards a.k.a. Retta is a fast rising artiste. This sexy-voiced, gorgeous Rivers State-born songster spoke about her style, signature and varied issues with us.


Where are you from?
I am from Rivers State. I was born and raised in Port Harcourt. I have five sisters. I moved to Lagos four years ago to pursue a career in music. I schooled in Port Harcourt but got a transfer to Lagos. I am at present at the University of Lagos studying Mass Communication.


Why the stage name ‘Retta’?
Well, Retta is a short form of my name Lawretta which is my birth name. I chose the name because it is unique and it stands out.


When did you come into the entertainment industry?
That was six years ago. I released my first single last year. It is called ‘Kolo for you’.


Do your parents support your music career?
Yes, right from the start. They have always encouraged me.


Where do you get your inspiration from?
I am inspired by Brandy, Beyonce and Rihanna. They are unique in their own different ways.


What is style to you?
I think it is just a way of expressing yourself especially in the way you dress.


What is your own kind of style?
My style is kind of retro


What is that fashion item you cannot do without as a woman?
My nose ring


That is interesting. Why your nose ring?
(Laughs), it is just part of me, I love it. I have had it for a while and I am quite used to it.


What is that clothing item you won’t be caught dead in?
I would go for a bump short. I don’t see myself in a bump short outside my house in the nearest future.


Best perfume
I have a lot but I will go for Dolce and Gabbana. It’s my taste, it’s just me.


Best colour
I love green and brown because green represents a lot of things that we want. For instance, it represents Nigeria so I am just rocking my country. Brown is what I grew up appreciating as a colour.


What kind of clothes do you love to wear?
I wear anything that makes me feel comfortable and look fabulous


How do you like to carry your hair?
I have a curly hair right now and that is my signature with green stripes on the left and right side. But really, I pretty much love experimenting with my hair.


So you mean whatever hairstyle you carry there must be green stripes?
Yes, there must be green stripes and it must be curly hair even if I fix afro, punk or whatever I do on my hair. The green stripes on my hair are my signature.


What is your greatest fear in life?
Losing a family member


How do you relax?
I chill with friends both indoor and outdoor


How do you love your make-up?
I love light make-up a lot but sometimes I have to do heavy make-up especially when I have to perform on stage. But when I am off stage, then, I am cool with light make-up which I prefer.


Tell us about your beauty routine
I wake up in the morning, have a good shower, maybe once in two weeks I do my facials and facial mask once in two weeks. I just keep it simple with my beauty routine.


Describe yourself on and off stage
On stage, I am ritual and off stage I am adorable and just me


Describe yourself in three words
Beautiful, smart and sexy


Philosophy of life
I have two actually. God first and life is a journey, take the walk one step at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment